Access Statement of the Ramblers Guesthouse Accommodation
The Ramblers lays back off the A52 between Mablethorpe and Sutton-on-Sea, and offers six on-suite guest rooms, two of which are on the ground floor. There is a small 7inch step into the porch and another through the front door; we do have a portable ramp for these steps. The smallest door opening is 28" wide. The beach is situated behind us, just a few minutes walk away with no roads to cross and is accessible by electric scooter.
We have a well behaved dog, although she lives in our private quarters, so unless you are over looking our private garden (rooms 3 & 6) you are unlikely to see her.
- We are contactable by phone or email. Please see the contact information section of this document for full details.
- We have a phone available for guest use when we are on the premises.
- We have a magnifying glass for use on the premises
- Our access statement is available to view on our web site or a copy can be sent to you.
- Our nearest shop is 0.2 miles away.
- Sutton-on-sea high street is 0.4 miles away.
- Walking along the promenade to Sutton-on-Sea is approximately a10 minute walk with no roads to cross.
- Mablethorpe is 1.5 miles away.
- Walking along the promenade to Mablethorpe is approximately a 45 minute walk with no roads to cross.
- There is a bus stop 0.2 miles away. Buses go to Mablethorpe, Skegness, Alford, Louth, Lincoln, Boston and Grimsby. Services can be limited, contact 01522 782070 for details.
- The nearest railway station is Skegness approximately 16 miles away Taxis are usually available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- There are several local taxis companies; we can make bookings in advance for you.
- The promenade is accessible by wheelchair. Although sometimes may have a covering of sand.
- There are two mobility shops: Gregorys in Sutton-on-sea or Seacroft in Mablethorpe.
- Mobility scooters can be hired daily at Sutton-on-Sea.
- All electrical items brought on to the premises must be PAT tested.
- Menus can be provided in large print if required, we regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- Our web site www.theramblers.info provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Our check in time is between 2pm & 6pm, earlier and later arrival is acceptable by arrangement.
- We have parking for six cars allowing one space per room.
- Parking is on a level drive at the front of the house.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Please ring both bells allocated on the porch door,(this is due to Kim having a hearing problem) then enter and wait in the porch, there is a bench to sit on.
- There is a 7" step into the porch and another into the house; we do have a portable ramp if needed.
- We will then take you into the lounge to register.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- The Ramblers is on two floors, two bedrooms on the ground floor and four upstairs.
- The porch leads into the hallway.
- On the right are the stairs which are carpeted. There are 15 steps, each one 7' high and 9' width, with a hand rail on both sides.
- Down the hall on the right is the breakfast room.
- To the left of the hallway is the guest lounge.
- Through the lounge is a small hallway which leads to the two ground floor rooms 5 and 6.
- At the top of the stairs is a toilet.
- To the right is room 4 a double.
- Opposite is room 3 a double.
- Along the hall to the right is room 2 a twin.
- Opposite is room 1 a double.
Lounge and Breakfast Room
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge at any time.
- The lounge has a three seated sofa two arm chairs, and coffee table.
- A desk with hard back chair.
- Internet access is available.
- The lounge is carpeted and has a electric fan assisted fire.
- There are books for guests to borrow, swap or buy ( All money will be donated to charity).
- Breakfast is served in the breakfast room.
- The breakfast room is carpeted and has six tables with armed and unarmed chairs.
- A selection of local information, maps, magazines and games are available.
- Nearest shop is 0.2 miles away.
- All our bedrooms are en-suite.
- Room One is a double, Two a twin, Three and Four are double rooms these four rooms are upstairs.
- Room Five is a twin and Six is a double, both are on the ground floor. These two ground floor rooms are designed for limited mobility, the rooms are accessible by wheel chair but not the en-suites.
- Televisions, tea and coffee making facilities and hair dryers are provided in all rooms.
- Our beds are made up with duvets, but we are happy to provide sheets and blankets if preferred. Please advise when booking as limited numbers available.
- There is a wardrobe, chest of drawers bed side tables and table lights in all of our rooms.
- Linen and towels are changed on request.
- There is a guest folder in each room which contains further information about The Ramblers and details of our fire regulations.
- Situated at the front left of the house, with views over the Wolds, and has a 4ft 6in double bed with access on both sides, a sofa bed and coffee table.
- The en-suite has a sliding door, is fully tiled has safety flooring, a step in shower, small basin and wc.
- Situated at the front right of the house, with views over the Wolds, and has two single 3ft6 beds, with access on three sides, and a wicker chair.
- The en-suite is fully tiled has safety flooring, a step in shower, basin and wc.
- Situated at the side of the house looking over our private garden, has a 4ft6in double bed, with access on both sides and a wicker chair.
- The en-suite has a step in shower, basin and wc.
- Situated at the other side of the house, has a 4ft6in double bed with access on both sides, and a wicker chair.
- The en-suite has safety flooring a full size bath, basin and wc.
- Situated to the front of the house, has two 3ft6in single beds with access on three sides and a wicker chair.
- The en-suite has a sliding door a tiled wet room with safety flooring, a basin and wc.
- The narrowest door width is 28".
- Situated to the rear of the house over looking our private garden, has a 4ft6in double bed with access on both sides and a wicker chair.
- The en-suite has a tiled wet room with safety flooring a basin and wc. The narrowest door width is 24'
Grounds and Gardens
- We have a flat, lawned garden to the front of the house with wooden garden furniture.
- The Ramblers is a no smoking building.
- There are fire extinguishers in both ground floor hallways and one on the upstairs landing.
- Fire regulations can be found in the rooms.
- Our Terms and Conditions are in our guest folders and on our web site, www.theramblers.info.
- All dietary requirements are catered for, please advise when booking.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication.
- We do accept dogs, only in bedrooms and not to be left alone.
- Address: The Ramblers Guest House, Sutton Road, Trusthorpe, Nr Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire, LN12 2PY.
- Telephone: 01507 441171 Mobile 07840 497953
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.theramblers.info
- Hours of operation: Open all Year
- Tourist information centre 01507 474939